The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies.
Demetri Martin

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Can't be What You Want Because I'm Free

We are very pleased to announce that we've completed the very first installment of our new cloth doll collection Corduroy. 


As I've probably mentioned once of twice before, I'm a fan of Pearl Jam. Corduroy is the title of a B-Side track on Pearl Jam's third album, Vitology, and is about the band's exposure to fame. I've actually quoted lyrics from this song in previous posts, because I love it so much. The song speaks to the importance of maintaining integrity in the wake of social pressures and expectations. This is what Corduroy Cloth Dolls by Third Street are all about - staying free in your choices and having the courage to stay true to yourself.

Incidentally, November 22nd marks the 20th anniversary of Pearl Jam's Vitology album, making the introduction of our Corduroy Collection all the more exciting. You can read more about the 20th anniversary of Vitology here, and of course I recommend that you do.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails